- stretches you can do from a seated position (here + here)
- guide to yoga postions
- how to do self massage (x, x, x)
- some simple ways to relieve stress
- tips for vitality and serenity
- how to relax
- visit an online support group
- how to do belly breathing
- grounding exercises (mental, physical)
- make a comfort box
- make a pleasant activities list to refer to
- work through feelings of social isolation
- cognitive behavioral therapy worksheets
- visit one of these calming websites
- coping skills for the disabled or chronically ill
- self-care mega list
- more self-care tips
- even more self-care tips
- do some surveys or personality tests
- watch TV shows or movies here, here, or here
- read some free books
- find DIY stuff to do on pinterest
- go shop on etsy, amazon, wantist, or uncommongoods - even if you can’t buy anything, sometimes it’s just fun to look!
- go find some other spoonies to follow (check here and here )
I know this is a pretty small list, and it’s mostly links to posts from other blogs, so if you have thing you would like to add feel free to add or submit and I will add them!
Anxiety & Helping Someone Cope.
I didn’t want to make it overwhelming or too long remember, so I kept it to the main points that benefit me greatly when I’m experiencing an attack.
40 million of Americans alone suffer with anxiety; it’s a horrid feeling when you know someone just wants to help you but you cannot even construct a simple sentence at the time, so please share this in hope that it benefits even just 1 person. Muchos love.